I try to cook and eat at home as much as I can, especially during weekdays. I always look for simple, quick, easy, and yummy recipes and one pot meal is the one that meets my needs. It really makes my perpetual kitchen duty a lot easier and yet it satisfies our taste buds.
Once I posted the chicken with broccoli recipe and I recreated it over the weekend . This time I made more sauce since the sauce has all the flavors from the meat and vegetables. So please try again with my revised recipe and let me know what you think.
4 pieces chicken thighs
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Mirin
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
1 teaspoon pink salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 small yellow onion, sliced
1 carrot, sliced
1/2 broccoli head, cut into bite size
5-7 baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons of cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons of water
- Dry chicken thighs with paper towel, trim fat, and slice.
- In a bowl, add sliced chicken and mix with garlic, ginger, Mirin, salt, pepper and marinate for 30 minutes.
- prepare vegetables.
- In a saute pan, spread down onion first, then carrot, chicken, broccoli, lastly mushrooms.
- Add chicken stock, cover the lid and cook it over medium low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour cornstarch mixture evenly as you keep stirring.
- Add more salt if you need.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds (optional).