Please meet my recent dream dish. Filipino chicken adobo.
One day my son sent me a couple of pictures that caused me to feel sudden desire to cook. Although I have some Filipino friends, they never mentioned this dish. So I assumed that chicken adobo is one of those so so food. But how could I resist after seeing naked bones on his plate? Out of curiosity, I cooked and tried once, and I ended up making it four times in a row. And I still love it. It’s easy, simple, and delicious. Cooking method is healthy too. So, what’s not to like?
Hope you enjoy it!
Note : I used chicken drumsticks instead of chicken wings.
7-8 pieces chicken drumsticks
4 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons white vinegar
5 garlic cloves
2 slices ginger
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
2 basil leaves
Green onion, chopped
- Place chicken drumsticks on a pan or a pot.
- Add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Marinate at least one hour, preferably over night.
- Cover the lid and start cooking at high heat then reduce to medium low heat for about 30-40 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to coat the sauce evenly.
- Chop green onion and sprinkle on top.
- Season with salt if you need.
- Serve hot over cooked white or brown rice.