Simple and yummy, what’s not to like?
Although drumsticks take longer to cook, this honey and garlic chicken recipe is super easy. I saw this recipe everywhere, and I have a very similar recipe already in my blog, but I thought I would try it anyways. I usually take off the skin, but this time, I decided to leave it on because keeping the skin helps retain moisture in the chicken. Soy sauce and honey always go well together, and I was amazed at how simple ingredients could make such a flavorful dish.
Just remember, when you brown the meat, try not to cook at a high heat and try to cover with the lid so that AGEs can be reduced.
HONEY GARLIC POWDER
- 7-8 pieces chicken drumsticks
- Pink salt and black pepper to season
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 medium size onion, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 stalk scallions, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a pan or skillet over medium high heat; sear chicken for 2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Cover the lid, reduce the heat to medium low, and cook for 20.
- Push them to one side of the skillet, add onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic and stir. Mix the chicken with the onion and garlic.
- Add soy sauce, mirin, honey, and chicken stock, and stir.
- Cover the lid and continue to cook for 20-25 minutes over medium low heat, while turning every 5-10 minutes until done.
- Open the lid and spoon the sauce on top of chicken while gently boiling over medium low heat until reduced. Flip the chicken to coat in the sauce evenly.
- Garnish with chopped scallions.
- Serve with rice.