Voila! Amazing almond cake!!
I got this recipe from Bob’s Red Meal website, and I had to modify the recipe because I wanted to use honey instead of sugar. I found 4 rules for successfully swapping honey for sugar from The Kitchn and it was a big help. I was overjoyed with its moist and texture. It was utterly divine.
You might want to try the original recipe first; it was rated three stars, but you can never judge a recipe by only looking at the stars.
I know honey is usually not the best sugar substitute for baking, but it was perfect for this cake. But just so you all know, when you use honey in baking, it tends to burn easily. Wrapping foil around the baking pan and lowering the oven temperature by 25 degrees F should help. And never overbake it!!
Can you see how moist this cake is?
AMAZING ALMOND CAKE (adopted and modified from Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon pink slat
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup raw honey
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1-2 tablespoons powered sugar
- In a bowl, combine almond flour, coconut Flour, baking powder, baking soda and pink salt.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper or oil and flour pan well; set aside.
- Cream butter and honey. Add in eggs, one at a time, and beat until fully blended.
- Add milk and extracts and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until creamy.
- Pour the batter in the prepared cake pan, smooth tops, and sprinkle sliced almonds.
- Bake until set and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Let cool completely and sprinkle powered sugar.