EGGPLANT with RICE
- 2 medium size Chinese eggplants
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2/1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 6 oz ground pork
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine (Mirim, from Lotte brand)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (from three crabs brand)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pink salt and pepper to taste
- Chili sauce (optional)
- Cut eggplant into bite size and set aside.
- Add canola oil and chopped green onions in a skillet and sauté for 30 seconds over medium low heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add ground pork and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add eggplant, chicken broth, soy sauce, and cooking wine; stir.
- Cover the lid, bring it to a boil then lower the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with water and immediately pour it into the skillet while stirring.
- Add fish sauce and sesame oil.
- Pink salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately over warm rice.