A classic wedge salad usually comprises of iceberg lettuce but I used Romaine because I thought it would be better since iceberg lettuce hardly have any nutrients. This is not the traditional wedge salad but my carrot ginger dressing will make your eyes light up.
ROMAINE WEDGE SALAD
- 2 heads mini romaine lettuces (or 1 head regular romaine lettuce)
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 cups croutons
Carrot Ginger Dressing
- 6 oz carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 oz onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoons peeled fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey powder
- Pink salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the salad dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth. (Add more salt to adjust to your taste or if it’s too sour, add some more honey)
- Pour the dressing in a glass jar and chill in the refrigerator for one hour. ( Dressing can be used immediately or refrigerated in a tightly sealed container for up to 3 days)
- Cut mini romaine lettuce in half and place them in a plate.
- Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of dressing on each romaine lettuce and mound chopped red onion, tomatoes, green onions, walnuts, and croutons.
- Pass the remaining dressing at the table.