This crustless quiche is perfect for brunch. I always thought that a quiche without a crust would be boring, but it is as good as with a crust.
A good thing about this quiche is that it can be made a day ahead of time and refrigerated. Simply reheat in the microwave for about a minute to warm up.
CRUSTLESS BROCCOLI AND HAM QUICHE
- 1 tablespoon organic unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium size onion, thinly sliced
- 2 oz ham, thinly sliced
- 6 oz frozen (or fresh) broccoli florets, cut into bite size
- 4 extra-large pasture raised eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Gruyère
- Pink salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and set an oven rack in the middle position.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté onions for 2-3 minutes. Do not brown.
- Add the ham and broccoli, cook for 2-3 minutes, and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs with the cream, nutmeg, pink salt, and black pepper.
- Spread broccoli mixture into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray and sprinkle the Gruyère cheese over top.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until the custard is set and the top is golden brown.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes and serve.