This Crescent Ring recipe makes a delicious lunch or dinner recipe, or a hearty appetizer. To make things easier for myself I used leftover rotisserie chicken. Add some salad to make it a complete meal.
CHICKEN CRESCENT ROLL
- 8oz cooked chicken, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 medium size red onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pink salt and pepper
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken with all the ingredients and mix.
- Unroll crescent rolls; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles, slightly overlapping, in a circle on ungreased large pan.
- Spoon chicken mixture on the half of each triangle closest to center of ring.
- Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under dough at center to form a ring.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into serving slices.