- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, cut in half and then into slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 green bell peppers, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pink salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cup Mexican style blend four cheese
- Sour cream
- Pica de Gallo
Pica de Gallo
- 6 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely minced
- Pink salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, and green onion. Squeeze the lime juice and season with salt; mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat, add the onions and peppers and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic and stir, add chicken, dried onion, garlic powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper; mix well and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a clean skillet over medium heat, add a flour tortilla. On half of the tortilla, top with cheese, cooked chicken mixture, and a little more grated cheese and then fold in half. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and fillings.
- Cook until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. flip the quesadilla to the other side and continue to cook until the other side is golden.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges and serve with Pica de Gallo and sour cream.