Chipotle Mexican Grill used to be one of our favorite restaurants. Although we enjoyed the beef burrito and the rice bowl so much, we deicded not to go there after reading “multiple reports from customers who said they got severe vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pains contracted in the hours after eating at the restaurant. It has been two years since a string of food safety incidents first battered sales and scared away diners. Chipotle has been attempting to persuade fleeing customers that its food is safe”…
…but…I’d rather cook at home.
CILANTRO LIME RICE
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (1 lime)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Rinse the rice and drain them.
- Add rice, water, bay leaf, and salt to medium saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the lid and simmer for 15 minutes or until water has absorbed.
- Turn off the heat, remove bay leaf and fluff rice with a fork.
- Remove from the stove and transfer the rice in a big bowl.
- squeeze the lime juice, stir in cilantro and mix.
- Season with salt and serve warm.