PASTA with MEATBALLS and RICOTTA
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- 12 oz pasture-raised ground beef
- 1 pasture-raised eg
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley,chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic,minced
- Pink salt and pepper
- 9 oz uncooked orecchiette pasta
- 1 jar (24 oz) store brand tomato sauce
- 24 oz water
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (Galbani brand)
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Heat the oil in a skillet, add onion and salt, cook for about 5 minutes or until onion becomes translucent. Let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add ground beef, egg, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, basil, garlic, salt, pepper, and cooked and cooled onion. Mix very lightly with a fork.
- By hands or using a rounded 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, roll each into a ball.
- Lightly spray the oil in a skillet and place the meatballs, brown them well on all sides over medium-low heat. Set aside.
- Add the tomato sauce, water, and pasta; give it a stir. Bring it to a boil, then add the meatballs.
- Reduce heat; simmer 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are thoroughly cooked, pasta is cooked and sauce is thickened.
- Scoop the ricotta cheese on top of the pasta and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Garnish with basil.