BANANA ZUCCHINI MUFFINS (GLUTEN FREE & SUGAR FREE)
This recipe is adopted from Ambitious Kitchen.
Modified Recipe :
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (from 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (from 1 medium banana)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with 10 muffin liners. You’re only making 10 muffins, so leave two liners out.
- Squeeze shredded zucchini of excess moisture with a paper towel. In a large bowl, add zucchini, banana, cashew butter, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Next add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients: coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Divide batter evenly between 10 muffin cups. Bake for 22-27 minute or until toothpick comes out clean and the tops of the muffins are just slightly golden brown. Makes 10 muffins.
NOTES : Muffins are freezer friendly. If you want to freeze them, simply wait until muffins are completely cool, then store in an airtight container or freezer safe plastic bag.